[extropy-chat] Depressing Thought. from Laurence of Berkeley

Sun Nov 9 18:27:37 UTC 2003

Samantha Atkins wrote,
> This is too simplistic.   Too many corporations are about
> making the maximal money for their stock holders.

I even doubt this sometimes.  Many corporations are about swindling the
stockholders and making a few criminals at the top richer.  All of the
money-market scandals, accounting scandals and dot-com busts are examples of
corporate officers making themselves rich while maximizing losses for their
corporations and stock holders.

--
Harvey Newstrom, CISSP, CISA, CISM, IAM, IBMCP, GSEC
Certified IS Security Pro, Certified IS Auditor, Certified InfoSec Manager,