[extropy-chat] Social Implications of Nanotech

Max More max at maxmore.com
Mon Nov 10 20:41:41 UTC 2003

Robin,

The following article on "direct manufacturing", though not about nano, has
some relevant thoughts that you might find worth scanning quickly:

Instant Manufacturing
Ivan Imato
Technology Review, November 2003
http://www.technologyreview.com/articles/amato1103.asp

My review (and links to related material such as "Fax It Up, Scotty"):
http://www.manyworlds.com/exploreCO.asp?coid=CO1140318504119

I'd also highly recommend the new book "Experimentation Matters" since
PGMDs -- or steps along the way to them -- would boost rapid prototyping
and other approaches analyzed extensively in Stefan Thomke's book. My
review of the book is here:
http://www.manyworlds.com/exploreCO.asp?coid=CO1130316143063

Onward!

Max