[extropy-chat] HISTORY: Solved & Unsolved Riddles

kevinfreels at hotmail.com kevinfreels at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 16 20:38:44 UTC 2003

>Does it bother you enough to affect a change in your behavior
>(in your expressions) so that you will not sound like them?

Actually, I have been trying to remove it from my vocabulary since the time
I saw this debate come up several months ago. I happen to agree with you. I
was sloppy when I wrote that. Habits are difficult to change. It is a word
that has been used by myself and those around me for a very long time. When
you are surrounded by people who don't choose their words carefully, it is
easy to do the same. While I don't think that the word needs to be removed
entirely, it does need to be used only when appropriate. The word itself is
not entirely bad, but using it does place thinking into the same catagory as
faith based believing.

Cheers.