[extropy-chat] Re: Why no assembler design? (forwarded from R B)

Emlyn O'regan oregan.emlyn at healthsolve.com.au
Sun Nov 16 22:37:01 UTC 2003

> > There is very serious progress on the wet path -- at least tens of
> > millions of dollars have been invested.  Most of the CEOs don't
> > have an awareness of where their technologies are leading -- but
> > that is simply an education problem that can easily be resolved
> > in the future.
> >
> > Robert

You know, there is really very little reason for education of CEOs on this
path. All the incremental steps between where we are now and MNT seem to
potentially yield fortunes of their own. We'll get there without the
practitioners actually choosing to go there from the start. You could speed
it up with a "pruning" effort; lobby those with money so that the useful
efforts get funded and the wrong turns don't (although those wrong turns can
turn out to valuable sometimes).

(Now Robert's going to tell me why I'm dead wrong about this...)

Emlyn