[extropy-chat] garage nanotech?

kevinfreels at hotmail.com kevinfreels at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 17 18:18:43 UTC 2003

I am an amateur rocket builder. Although it is not likely that I can design and build an orbital spacecraft, I have built a rocket with a primitive guidance system that "points" the rocket toward the sun and is capable of mach 1.2 in my own garage.

I am guessing that before assemblers become a reality, it will be possible for people to start creating things at the nano scale in their garages. Most likey it will be simple stuff. Call it amateur nanotech.

When will this type of technology become available?