[extropy-chat] I'm unsubscribing...

Chris Phoenix cphoenix at best.com
Tue Nov 18 03:38:22 UTC 2003

I wish I could stay, but there's too much (high-quality!) bandwidth, and
I can't even follow individual threads well enough to carry on coherent
conversations.  I'll read the backlogged digests up to this message, and
I may respond, but I won't read anything after this message appears.  I
encourage people to email me on any topic, on-list or off.  In
particular, Robin, I won't be able to follow your posts here; as with
other topics, if you find my opinions useful, please email me.

I've been meaning to follow up on my post about the practice of
science.  I'm not sure there'd be a point, though; the only thing anyone
ever talked about was one of the examples I gave, and no one even tried
to address the most interesting question about that example: if one
experiences an unclassifiable but possibly important event, is it more
scientific to admit that it happened, or to pretend in the context of
science that it didn't happen?  Anyway, I've learned something about how
easily even smart people can be sidetracked by a knee-jerk reaction.
And thanks to the two of you who expressed sympathy.

Chris

--
Chris Phoenix                                  cphoenix at CRNano.org
Director of Research