[extropy-chat] Ultra Vires nature of laws made in error?

Brett Paatsch bpaatsch at bigpond.net.au
Tue Nov 18 05:12:15 UTC 2003

Damien wrote:

[me]
> > I am considering an action at present that would overturn
> > a lame-brained horse-trading regulation that is made under
> > an act - the Therapeutic Goods Act 1989
>
> Oh my god--for a moment, I thought you were talking about a
> lame-horse brain-trading regulation.
>
> Damien Broderick
> [Australia! Land of the Sport of Kings!]

I wish :-) But its true about the sport of kings bit. It was practically
impossible to get anyone at work in Melbourne a couple of
weeks ago because of the Melbourne Cup (a horse race for
non-Aussies) held on the first Tuesday in November.

Lots of Melbourne based Aussies took the Monday between
the weekend and the horse-racing holiday as a sickie or a leave
day.

Regards,
Brett
[Becoming a wowser]