[extropy-chat] Re: Social Implications of Nanotech

Gina Miller nanogirl at halcyon.com
Tue Nov 18 08:53:56 UTC 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robin Hanson" <rhanson at gmu.edu>
To: "ExI chat list" <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Sent: Monday, November 17, 2003 2:56 PM
Subject: Re: [extropy-chat] Re: Social Implications of Nanotech

> At 04:41 PM 11/17/2003 -0500, Chris Phoenix wrote:
> >On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 13:36:05 -0500, Robin Hanson wrote:
> > > We should consider both
> > > conventional nanotech scenarios and radical ones, such as described in
> > > Unbounding the Future and Diamond Age.
> >
> >Would this audience be completely lost if you referenced Nanosystems
> >instead?
>
> No.  I was just trying to point more to social scenarios than howto
> scenarios, and I couldn't remember if Nanosystems discussed social
scenarios.

I would consider _Nanosystems_ the theoretical, technical analysis and
design of molecular machinery.
The social scenarios are discussed in _Unbounding the Future_ and _Engines
of Creation_.

Gina "Nanogirl" Miller
Nanotechnology Industries
http://www.nanoindustries.com
Personal: http://www.nanogirl.com
Foresight Senior Associate http://www.foresight.org
Nanotechnology Advisor Extropy Institute  http://www.extropy.org
Tech-Aid Advisor http://www.tech-aid.info/t/all-about.html
nanogirl at halcyon.com
"Nanotechnology: Solutions for the future."