[extropy-chat] brain scans for racial attitudes

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 18 19:03:16 UTC 2003

--- Damien Broderick <thespike at earthlink.net> wrote:

> [...]

Which is why I said "if". Nor do you know whether or not such brain
structures are heritable or not. We do know that other brain structures
and activity patterns are heritable, specifically schizophrenia and
other neurological diseases. All this article does is detail that there
is a distinctly unique brain function, structure, and activity pattern
found in racists vs non-racists. It remains to be seen whether racism
is heritable, but given this evidence, plus the fact that racism does,
in fact, run in families (learned or inherited), objective science begs
for research into this question.

If an individual has to make a significant and detectable mental effort
to not appear racist vs an individual who is not in fact racist, this
indicates a rather significant difference in brain structure, and that
such individuals must learn non-racism, rather than learn racism and
thus lends support to a genetic, rather than teratogenic, cause.

=====
Mike Lorrey
                                       - Gen. John Stark
                                       - Mike Lorrey