[extropy-chat] Can we improve upon monkey politics?

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 19 03:12:37 UTC 2003

--- Brett Paatsch <bpaatsch at bigpond.net.au> wrote:
> In his, imo excellent, essay Democracy and Transhumanism,
> http://www.extropy.org/politicaltheory.htm Max More seems
> to puts an iron question in a velvet glove when he asks "..surely,
> as we strive to transcend the biological limitations of human
> nature, we can also improve upon monkey politics?"
>
> Clearly few transhumanists are as concerned about monkey
> politics as they are about human politics. Yet is it at all clear,
> let alone sure, that biological humans, even transhumanists,
> can transcend human politics?

Is is so much as something completely new, or merely building on the
historical trends in political evolution? It is rather clear that human
political evolution is building toward complete individual sovereignty,
where only the individual has any right to make decisions that impact
themselves as individuals. Anarchism is the natural political
orientation of the transhumanist or the posthuman. Ideally, all
transhumans will have lawbots acting as intelligent agents to
automatically negotiate and reach contracts on all levels of
interaction with fellow transhumanbeings, negotiation will range from
polite discussion up to proxy duelling bot combat.

=====
Mike Lorrey
                                       - Gen. John Stark
                                       - Mike Lorrey