[extropy-chat] Harvey's wager

Brett Paatsch bpaatsch at bigpond.net.au
Thu Nov 20 02:29:06 UTC 2003

Emlyn, I understand (I think).

However, the singularitarian only gets to "hold" the money if they
come forward AND think that Harvey will make good on the
large sum. There are two (at least) possible reasons for the
singularitarian not to come forward (1) there aren't any that want
the money (2) they don't think the money is there to be had and
that the offer is just another spurious waste of their valuable time.

By holding the money I can help Harvey (insert any ambit offerer
of funds not verifiably real and available here) with his plan and
encourage the singularitarian (insert any ambit claimer of something
dubious but useful if it could actually be done here) to come
forward as well.

Everyones a winner and what a swell guy I'd be for making it
happen :-)

Oops. I've let it out of the bag.

Regards,
Brett