[extropy-chat] Harv's Explanation for Slow Progress

Thu Nov 20 21:37:59 UTC 2003

> Harvey Newstrom wrote:
> >
> > How about this scenario:  I immediately pay a large sum to the
> > singularitian.  The day after the predicted singularity date, they pay
> > me back my money plus a large sum of their own.
> >
> > Any takers?
> >

> Not here, but perhaps I should paypal $1 to anyone who can properly
> spell the word "singularitarian" on a regular basis :-)

I would have never guessed that spelling.  How do you derive this?  I
assumed that most words ending in -y changed the y to I and added an.
Comedy -> comedian.  Thus, singularity -> singularitian.  How do you derive
"singularitarian"?

--
Harvey Newstrom, CISSP, CISA, CISM, IAM, IBMCP, GSEC
Certified IS Security Pro, Certified IS Auditor, Certified InfoSec Manager,