[extropy-chat] Fw: Being No One: The Self-Model Theory of Subjectivity

Jef Allbright jef at jefallbright.net
Sun Nov 23 17:39:04 UTC 2003

I received my copy of this book from Amazon and it exceeded my expectations.
The first chapter describes what I think are the key issues today in
undertanding the illusion of self that colors so much of the thinking and
discussion on this list.  The text is dense, not for the casual reader.
Highly recommended for those seeking a wider view of consciousness that
encompasses the "paradoxes" of qualia and subjectivity and David Chalmers'
so-called "hard problem of consciousness."

- Jef