[extropy-chat] Computers as you like

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 24 00:19:35 UTC 2003

--- Adrian Tymes <wingcat at pacbell.net> wrote:
> --- BillK <bill at wkidston.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> <http://www.kurzweilai.net/articles/art0601.html?printable=1>
>
> > So it won't be long before we can make computers
> > optimized for our own
> > requirements.
>
> If you've got the $, try now.  (I'm actually looking
> into it for one of the ventures I may be starting.)
> It's just a cost issue, not an availability of tech
> issue - and the cost will probably drop as demand for
> the fabbing machines (and their services) increases.

Well, I'm exploring starting the business concept I had a bit ago about
hardwood computer cases that look like furniture rather than toasters,
as a hobby to start with. I'd like to ask the list membership for leads
on good low cost sources for PC boards, chips, components, etc... I've
been out of building PCs for a couple years and need to catch up... I
also need design specs for current motherboard architectures, to design
these cases around...

=====
Mike Lorrey
                                       - Gen. John Stark