[extropy-chat] Personal effectiveness

Dan Clemmensen dgc at cox.net
Mon Nov 24 01:24:04 UTC 2003

David Lubkin wrote:

> I spoke in generalities because I see this pattern pervade my life.
> Let me give a few disparate examples:

I suffer from the same problem. Most recenlyy, I decided to simply
announce my most recent project
(a homebrew STM) on the extropians list in the hopes that polite
requests for progress reports would serve
as an inducement. Alas, I'm still not making progress :-(

What you really need is a subscription to a new web-based service called
e-nag. You simply send e-nag a description
of you intentions, and post a bond (of your choosing) to them, along
with a proposed project schedule.
The folks at e-nag are very experienced, and will politely ask for
status reports based on your project plan
and schedule. If you are having problems with scheduling or priority,
they will try very hard to help out
by asking questions, suggesting alternatives, and persistently sending
e-mails. They try very, very hard to
NOT make any money, but they are actually extremely profitable. They
only book revenue when a client
admits that a project has been abandoned and forfiets the bond. This is
similar to the business model used
by health clubs, but more honest.

e-nag keeps its costs down by pairing projects. When you are paired, you
will perform the techical part
(but not the project management part) of "encouraging" another project.
Thus, the e-nag staff does not need
to be technically proficient to be useful. If you project is as simple
as leaf raking, this is unnecessary, as
the e-nag core staff includes an ample number of experienced mommys.

The e-nag service will be availabe as soon as I get around to actually
implementing it :-)