[extropy-chat] cr again

Spike spike66 at comcast.net
Fri Nov 28 17:08:26 UTC 2003

> > > Mike Lorrey
> > > Subject: Re: [extropy-chat] cr again
> > >
> > > Did the study specify what kinds of calories are the most
> > > beneficial/detrimental????
> >
> > No, but I might speculate that calories from
> > alcohol = bad, calories from sushi = good.
>
> Perhaps not so spike.  This is one of the more hotly debated
> topics in all of the CR literature...

{Well-reasoned Bradburyesque treatise on CR}... Robert

Ah yes, Robert, but my argument is far simpler, and goes
as follows: by consuming near-Sandbergian quantities of sushi
on a semi-regular basis, we are constantly reminded of the
fact that this life is gooood indeed, which would further our
motivation to extend life as long as possible in order to
devour the absolute maximum amount of sushi, thus leading
to our gaining discipline to do CR the rest of the time,
ever anticipating the fishy treats.  Its a positive
feedback loop.

Robert thanks for looking into this with such care and detail.
Our world would be far more memetically impoverished
were it not for rare and shining individuals such as you.

{8-]