[extropy-chat] The Consensus :Expressio unius est exclusioalterius

David Lubkin extropy at unreasonable.com
Sun Nov 30 03:52:38 UTC 2003

Mike:

 > Only to instruct statist idiots to keep their hands off.

Olga:

 > Mike, why do you need to sound so threatening and resort to name calling?
 > (makes me wonder if you think *all* statists are idiots as your words seem
 > to imply, even though it is mainly Republicans

Greg:

>Are you somehow implying that Republicans *AREN'T* statists?  (Anyway, I
>agree it's best to try to use cooler language when one is addressing hot
>issues, as I've said a zillion times before.)

Mike referred to all X such that X is statist and X is an idiot.  He did
not say that "X is statist" implies "X is an idiot."  This may be
true.  However, Mike didn't say it.

He also said nothing about Republicans.

Olga, Mike gets into enough trouble for what he actually says.  He doesn't
need any help.

That said, I agree that Republicans are de facto statists, whatever their
rhetoric may otherwise suggest.

>Greg Burch <-------- armed to the teeth

Doesn't that make it hard to chew?

-- David Lubkin.