[extropy-chat] The Consensus

Dirk Bruere dirk at neopax.com
Sun Nov 30 20:25:50 UTC 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Lorrey" <mlorrey at yahoo.com>
To: "ExI chat list" <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Sent: Sunday, November 30, 2003 6:15 PM
Subject: Re: [extropy-chat] The Consensus

> --- Alfio Puglisi <puglisi at arcetri.astro.it> wrote:
> > On Sun, 30 Nov 2003, Alex Ramonsky wrote:
> >
> > >don't have to.  :  )
> > >I have always wondered this...why do smart people hang out in
> > >dangerous areas?? I know with 100% certainty that I won't be
> > >attacked in my local
> > >city centre at night because I don't go there. Ever.
> >
> > It doesn't sound like the best option to me. I go to my local city
> > centre at night very often, but I'm not attacked. No one is. Girls
> > walk alone at 3am without a second thought.
>
> Alex, being a denizen of Britain, which is under assault nationwide by
> the criminal class liberated by victim disarmament laws, suffers from a
> popular notion that criminals are the product of society and that they
> deserve "a fair go" in getting away with their crimes.

Live here do you?
While our crime is high our murder rate is only a fraction of that of the
US.
Ditto rapes.
And innocent people who get shot in the course of a crime still make
national headlines here. Do they in the US?

Dirk

The Consensus:-
The political party for the new millennium
http://www.theconsensus.org