[extropy-chat] "The Spike" - Raymond Kurzweil

Robert J. Bradbury bradbury at aeiveos.com
Thu Oct 30 06:10:33 UTC 2003

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003, Barbara Lamar wrote:

> Just to set the record straight, THE SPIKE was first released in Australia
> in 1997 and THE LAST MORTAL GENERATION in 1999.

Thanks Barbara for providing the updates.  I thought that might be the
case but didn't have hard data in front of me to make the points.

> By the way, Damien has just received an Australia Council Literature Board
> writing Fellowship for 2004 - 2005 to write two novels dealing with the
> impact of the coming singularity.

Cool.  Way to go Damien!

Now of course, one has to wonder about the translation of previous books
and novels into Urdu and Persian.

For that matter, I suppose we ought to think about the translation of
the mailing list into Urdu and Persian.

R.