[extropy-chat] Re: SPACE: Back to the Moon (?)

Robert J. Bradbury bradbury at aeiveos.com
Fri Oct 31 21:44:23 UTC 2003

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003, Christian Weisgerber wrote:

> What's tricky about welding titanium other than that you can't do
> it in an Earth-style atmosphere?  (Titanium burns with both oxygen
> and nitrogen.)

Well then vacuum welding ought to work fairly well.

One source:
  http://www.welding-advisers.com/Welding-titanium.html

Google has lots more sources (Google is god...)

> He3 is a stable isotope, check WebElements.  (Maybe you are confusing
> it with tritium which decays into He3?)

Christian is right.  I mistakenly was looking at 3H rather than 3He
in The Handbook of Chemistry & Physics.  So scratch the radioactivity
problem.

R.