[extropy-chat] exhibition black ships and samurai

Hartmut hartmut.prochaska at gmx.net
Fri Apr 9 11:08:23 UTC 2004

Hi,

I just found a great network exhibition regarding the first direct contact
between the Japan and American cultures in 1853. It tries to show the clash
of civilisations from both perspectives presenting great paintings and
descriptions of the incident. http://blackshipsandsamurai.com/

All in all a great exhibition perhaps helping us to understand the
psychological component of "first contact" with other cultures a little bit
better.

cheers
Hartmut
--
"We don't see things as they are,  we see them as we are." -- Anais Nin