[extropy-chat] Wearable Camera Etiquette

Extropian Agroforestry Ventures Inc. megao at sasktel.net
Sat Apr 10 19:50:37 UTC 2004

Why should anyone be asked to shut it down?
No one would ask you to shut your brain down to experience voluntary
amnesia?

Wearable Camera = totally wired persons /Privacy issues Vs Security
benefits
Totally seamless connectivity...

A wireless connection to a wearable hard drive and cell phone an
earpiece and an integrated GPS signal tagged to the datastream and every
waking moment can be connected to the net and/or  cached and sent as as
periodic compressed  data streams to anybody on earth.

Maybe the ultimate childprotection device ... as whatever johnie sees ,
the whole world sees, and if johnie ever goes offline the exact time,
location and last "black box" moments are instantly posted and
rebroadcast to parents, and security officials at the closest GPS
documented location.

This is also the ultimate security device as personal bimetrics can
monitored and correlated to a control baseline biometric profile unique
to each individual.
This can not  only secure identity but may also monitor health data to
predict or at least sense major catastrophic health events in real time.

The more biometric sensor functions, the more functional the device is.

For criminals, it would allow 24/7 all inclusive monitoring and virtually
eliminate jails.

As an aside, I heard the "Onstar car commercial"
The person is at -25C and locked outside his truck.
He has his phone and calls onstar.  They verify his identity and unlock
his truck so he can get in.  They follow up by calling to see that he is
OK.

Those with orwellian nightmares could reflect on the opposite.
Big Brother does not like you very much.
It is -25 plus windchill and you are 50 miles form civilization.
You get out of your truck to take a pee and the onstar remote locks you
out of your truck and you are left to freeze to death.

All rewards carry an equal and opposite risk for abuse.

It may be a good time to seriously consider how to keep Big Brother
honest.

For the non-extropians I used the term Big Brother , for the rest of you
AI will do.