[extropy-chat] SPAM: now the s*** really hits the fan

Robert J. Bradbury bradbury at aeiveos.com
Wed Apr 14 18:16:16 UTC 2004

It looks like we now have someone willing to pay
individuals/corporations to deliver SPAM at the
rate of $1/CPU Hour.

http://www.virtualmda.com/
http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/04/14/1415217&mode=thread&tid=111&tid=126&tid=95&tid=98&tid=99

Now this is really going to make the problem worse.
At that rate I can probably pay for both my DSL line
and my ISP connection by functioning as a SPAM pimp
for a few days a month.  I have to believe that there
will be a lot of people that will take advantage of this.
(The only thing that might fail in my mind is that they
have priced the benefits too high.)

Robert