[extropy-chat] SI morality

David Lubkin extropy at unreasonable.com
Sun Apr 18 21:49:00 UTC 2004

Paul Bridger wrote:

>True. However, to have rational reasoning based on irrational premises is
>just as useless as irrational reasoning based on...well, anything.
>Premises must also be verifiable. They must relate to direct observations
>of the world.

If a premise was verifiable, it would not be a premise.

Any system of reasoning must have axioms, including some of its inference
rules. They may seem "reasonable" to us. That does not mean that they
reflect reality or that there isn't a different set we haven't hit on yet
that might be better.

-- David Lubkin.