[extropy-chat] the secrets of George Bush's war service revealed

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 08:18:38 UTC 2004

On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 01:02:47 -0500, Extropian Agroforestry Ventures
Inc. <megao at sasktel.net> wrote:
> I did a spywear check and I have 6 pieces documented.  I tried to dump 2
> manually without luck.  Those attached to my tax programs , I left in
> case they are parts  of the program.  One nagging thing is when I do a
> norton defrag and shut everything down
> manually , except my basic explorer, I still get ( 3/4 of the time)  a
> background program  that interferes with the start up recognition of my
> drives.
> On my last viruscheck I was clean except one in my dialer.

If you insist on using Internet Explorer you will get malware dumped
on your pc every time you go browsing. Yes, it is that insecure.

SpyBot Search & Destroy
<http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html>
and Ad-aware
<http://www.lavasoftusa.com/>
will scan and delete most malware.
I have found that sometimes you need to run them twice on heavily
infected pcs to completely clean them.
Running a couple of registry cleaners afterwards, as well, will also
improve matters.

Best wishes, BillK