[extropy-chat] a message for spike66 from thespike

Spike spike66 at comcast.net
Sun Aug 8 05:29:55 UTC 2004

> Apologies for the stolen bandwidth folks. Just tried to e Spike Jones
> offlist, got a `mailbox full' bounce. Is the spam choking you, pal?
>
> Damien

Oops sorry about that Damien.  I was on a two week vacation,
riding all over the northwestern US on an antique motorcycle
which I restored this past spring.  Total distance on the
bike about 5 megameters on the bike, ~140 km on foot.

Hiked, backpacked and camped all over Mount Rainier.
I rigged a platform on the back of the bike to haul the
backpacks and camping gear, worked great.  Had a great
time, no major pieces fell off of the bike.  It was a
*most* excellent adventure.

But yes, I am choking on spam, oy vey, and Im
missing some very important personal email.
While I was out backpacking and riding, I had
some wonderful ideas to post.  I will start
with this one: we should explore the notion
of using the spoken word to spread extropian
memes, not just in conferences but rather to
create MP3 files which can be carried in one's
palm pilot or equivalent.  It occurred to me
that the spoken word conveys nuances that are
lost in the electronic post.

I will develop this idea further after I
clean up my bike and camping gear.