[extropy-chat] the secrets of George Bush's war service revealed

David deimtee at optusnet.com.au
Mon Aug 9 14:45:52 UTC 2004

Eugen Leitl wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 08, 2004 at 04:12:57AM -0700, Mike Lorrey wrote:
>

>>Nah, the big guy to nader Bush this year is Badnarik, Michael Badnarik.
>

> To nader Bush -- to bring Bush again into office? Why would one want to do
> that?

I think the term "Nader X" refers to the fact that Nader has no chance
of winning a majority, but takes enough votes from the candidate most
like him (X = usually the democrats) that they both lose to the other party.
Hence, to "Nader someone" is to split the vote amongst similar
candidates causing them both to lose.

P.S. This doesn't work in Australia, where we have preferential voting,
rather than "first past the post".

-David.