[extropy-chat] NEWS: CNN get's more and more like Jerry Springer

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Wed Aug 11 16:02:05 UTC 2004

On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 11:09:04AM -0400, natashavita at earthlink.net wrote:

> Okay, the tropical storms and Venessa Williams are not Springeresque, but
> gee whiz, the rest of the headliners made me laugh!

The laughter suffers a sudden death on the lips, though,
if one imagines that people are actually *reading* this (with a furrowed
brow), and consider it *news*... yeech.

What an awful waste of human life indeed. And they don't even know what they
let happen to themselves... nevermind that perpetrators of this are free and
wealthy humanfolk. Ditto Olympics. WTF? There are starving postdocs out there
which never make the news, while a buch of running ad-studded monkeys are
personally worth megabucks, and are covered in a dedicated newspaper section.