[extropy-chat] Fahrenheit 911 - objective review?

Spike spike66 at comcast.net
Fri Aug 13 15:43:22 UTC 2004

> Brett Paatsch

> George W Bush is the encumbent president of the US. Either
> he or Kerry will have the power of that role for four years...
>
> Brett

If one doesn't like these guys, there are others on
the ballot.  If one is generally right leaning but
doesn't like Bush, the strategy is to vote for someone
who is far left, such as that Ralph guy.  Then the
left-leaning party perceives that it must move farther
left to pick up its own disaffected far left wing,
which causes it to lose votes in the highly-populated
middle.  The two front runners have become indistinguishable
(except for Kerry's comment that he would fight a "more
sensitive war" whatever the hell that is).

http://www.gop.com/RNCResearch/Read.aspx?ID=4514

I am a right-ish capitalist libertarian.  I don't like
Bush myself but would like to see Ralph make a good
showing.  Perhaps in the next election, that result
would help those more likely to stay out of my portemonnaie.

Politics create such odd paradoxes, ya gotta love it.