[extropy-chat] Fahrenheit 911 - objective review?

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 13 18:11:51 UTC 2004

--- Patrick Wilken <Patrick.Wilken at Nat.Uni-Magdeburg.DE> wrote:

> On 13 Aug 2004, at 17:43, Spike wrote:
> > I am a right-ish capitalist libertarian.  I don't like
> > Bush myself but would like to see Ralph make a good
> > showing.  Perhaps in the next election, that result
> > would help those more likely to stay out of my portemonnaie.
> >
> > Politics create such odd paradoxes, ya gotta love it.
>
> Spike:
>
> Its really too bad that US doesn't have proportional voting like in
> Australia. It would help stop you have to second guess the party you
> vote for.

Some states do have instant run-off voting, others do not. Vermont, for
example, does have instant run-off, and the Progressive Party is a
major party there. Despite federal regs, voting is constitutionally a
states rights issue, except where 13/14/15th and other federal
amendments apply.

=====
Mike Lorrey
Chairman, Free Town Land Development