[extropy-chat] Fahrenheit 911 - objective review?

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Sat Aug 14 03:28:41 UTC 2004

I plan to vote for the Libertarian candidate, Badnarik.    Not because
of any overly complicated political calculation though.  Badnarik is
simply the only one I have heard speak sensibly (and in large agreement
with my own views).    Of course I don't expect him to win.  But a
respectable showing in the Libertarian camp this year would send a
clear message.  It could also insure the Libertarian party is taken
more seriously.   Most calculations say that votes for Badnarik will be
largely subtracted from votes for Bush.  Bush is not limited
government, balanced budget, limited foreign engagements, good for
business or much of anything else dear to the heart of many of his
supporters.

The biggest reason though is that I am a Libertarian and I believe I
should vote my convictions.   I especially believe it as our freedoms
are being eroded and threatened at a precipitous rate.   I cannot in
good faith sanction either of the major candidates who plan simply more
of the same.

- samantha