[extropy-chat] electing ideas [was Re:Fahrenheit 911-objectivereview?]

Pat Fallon pfallon at ptd.net
Sun Aug 15 21:10:01 UTC 2004

> We are facing a group of Muslim men ages 18-25 that have been
> taught to hate America since they were born.

IMHO, our interventionist foreign policy hasn't helped any...

Take Iran, for instance...
The CIA played a large role in overthrowing the Prime Minister of Iran
and replaced him with the Shah whose dictatorship and secret police
lasted almost 20 years until he was driven from office...

when the revolution came, they didn't storm the Zwiss Embasy,
they stormed the American Embassy because they hated us...
the American CIA had replaced their Prime Minister with a dictator...

we create, prop up, discard, and play tyrants off of one another...
eventually that shit will catch up to you as it did in Iran...

our interventionist foreign policy breeds hatred,
it destroys our freedoms here in the US...
it will bleed us dry...

>The issue truly rests in that if we tuck tail and run out of Iraq
>that we lose far more than the men we have lost already.

sounds a little deja-viet-namish....
the sooner we admit a mistake and withdraw, the better...

> Our country will be a target for anyone that needs their
> agenda passed to just bomb a church or building and we
> will give them what they want to not make anyone mad.

our troops will certainly continue to be a target if we keep them in Iraq...

> Appeasement never works.

Refraining from disasterous foreign interventionism is not "appeasement."

Self defense, YES...
installing dictators, proping up kings and princes to secure oil franchises,
NO.
taxing us to give trillions to foreign countries...no
[privatize foreign aid, stop forcing Americans to contribute]

Pat Fallon
pfallon at ptd.net