[extropy-chat] Does international law exist and is it in theinterests of US citizens?

Brian Lee brian_a_lee at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 16 15:02:08 UTC 2004

Most laws are established by an authority. The problem with international
law is that there is no one willing to threaten enforcement.

International law reminds me of some of the "futuristic anarchy" discussions
I've seen because it involves willing participation by without the threat of
an authority forcing adherence to the law.

I don't see the US signing up for any international law program because it
doesn't benefit. If you take a look at stuff like WTO and NAFTA then that's
more likely the only international law that will hold any power.

BAL