[extropy-chat] Some ideas... dumped

Spike spike66 at comcast.net
Tue Aug 17 06:28:41 UTC 2004

> Kevin Freels
> Subject: Re: [extropy-chat] Some ideas... dumped
>
> Whatever you do, if you have a good idea, follow up on it... I
> designed a device in 1996 where a computer touch screen could be
mounted to a
> headstone and a person could leave messages for loved ones (or hated
ones)...

Kevin do not despair, there are *plenty* of variations on
that theme that are not patented.  That particular idea is
so obvious it isn't much value.  Figure out a way that
someone could set up a virtual presence on one's chat group
after one perishes, something that emulates one's writing style,
political position, sense of humor etc, then generates
messages from that person from beyond.  Imagine a poster on
extropians who is suspected of leaning slightly to the right
politically (it isn't hard to do).  Suppose that person met
with an untimely end (evolution forbid).  Then whenever a
left-leaning politician is elected, the script could
generate bitter messages from the deceased.  Or say things
like "Im rolling over in my grave down here.  Or rather I
would be if I had one.  Im rolling over in my dewar.  Hey,
how are you nanotech proles coming along? Do hurry, its
cold in here..."  That kinda stuff.  It would be a hoot.  spike