[extropy-chat] Real Extropians don't drive SUVs

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 18 21:20:43 UTC 2004

--- BillK <pharos at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am having some difficulty relating the detailed discussion about
> the advantages of SUVs with Emlyn's original post.
>
> Why should we care whether in certain specific circumstances an SUV
> might be preferred? The road death figures show that SUVs are killing
> their drivers in increasing numbers.

What it shows is that increasing numbers of incompetent drivers are
driving vehicles that they do not take the time to learn to drive
responsibly. Years ago the owner of a Subaru dealership told me: "2wd
will get you out of situations you normally wouldn't get out of, but it
will get you into situations you normally wouldn't get into." He was
right, but learning to tell the difference between the two sorts of
situations is the key to safe driving of any kind.

=====
Mike Lorrey
Chairman, Free Town Land Development
                                         -William Pitt (1759-1806)