[extropy-chat] BODY: What Strutting Modifications are Transhuman?!

Emlyn emlynoregan at gmail.com
Sat Aug 21 00:36:01 UTC 2004

Implants that do something are a totally different story. But I
suspect there will still be people who choose aesthetic implants/mods
over functional ones in order to enhance sub-culture status. The
status oriented never really have my sympathy even at the best of
times.

The current crop of body modders (excepting the real crazy ones like
Stalking Cat, him I respect) are no different from the people who buy
the most shiny and expensive mobile phone for status, who buy the
status house or drive an urban SUV. It's a lame substitute for a life.

That said, I would love to try some of the more extreme body mod stuff
some time, for the experience. I'd be worried that I'd end up looking
*soooo* turn of the millenium though. I mean, how are you gonna live
down that magnetic foreskin implant in 2050?

--
Emlyn

http://emlynoregan.com   * blogs * music * software *