[extropy-chat] SUV with gunracks and dash mounted personality upload

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 21 19:27:45 UTC 2004

--- Emlyn <emlynoregan at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm wondering if posting about the combination of SUVs, guns and
> personality backups can cause an explosion so large that it'll cause
> a chain reaction and destroy the entire universe. Or at least be a
kind
> of social-engineering DOS attack on the exi-list :-)
>
> On related topics, did you see that the Packbot that the US is using
> in Iraq has a shotgun module? Mad buggers!

Ah, yes, iranian insurgents do not wear body armor, and as Massad Ayoob
has said years ago, "double ought buckshot in a shotgun is
ballistically superior to .45 ACP".

But would personalities uploaded to a smart SUV have any more a drive
to accessorize their vehicles than your current day Auto Zone customer?
I'd say the rate at which they accessorize would merely be accelerated.
Therefore, take advantage of the curve and invest in AutoZone, VIP, Pep
Boys, and other purveyors ofe vehicle paraphernalia.

=====
Mike Lorrey
Chairman, Free Town Land Development
                                         -William Pitt (1759-1806)