[extropy-chat] Video of Fighting Humanoid Robots!

Spike spike66 at comcast.net
Tue Aug 24 03:31:49 UTC 2004

> The Avantguardian
> Subject: RE: [extropy-chat] Video of Fighting Humanoid Robots!
>
> ...the videos of the fighting robots made me realize that the
> Japanese are not too far off from the technology
> neccesary to make battle-mechs...
> =====
> The Avantguardian

I think you hit right on it, Avant.  Every nation must invent
its own defense if it intends to stay an independent nation.
In the aftermath of the Great War, the surrender treaty
forbade Germany from developing long range guns.  So they
developed rocketry instead.  Guns or rockets, which is
most important now?

Treaty forbade Japan from developing offensive weapons,
so perhaps their military brains are thinking of robots
as future weaponry.  One way or another, North Korea and
China are coming.  It would be national suicide to sit
by and do nothing.

Bots will make great soldiers!  If captured they will not
talk, if destroyed no mothers will weep, if victorious
they will not pretend to cast away their ribbons nor shame
their countrymachines.  A meme could be spread among the
religious fanatics that if they perish fighting a robot,
they would get 72 mechanical virgins.  You know they
would flee in terror at such a prospect.  War is too
dangerous for humans.