[extropy-chat] urban sprawl as defense

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 24 16:31:35 UTC 2004

--- "Stephen J. Van Sickle" <sjvans at ameritech.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 2004-08-24 at 01:53, Samantha Atkins wrote:
>
> > I have mentioned a few already.  Beyond that I don't think an
> honest
> > look can fail to supply you with as many examples as you have the
> > stomach for.
>
> That's a cop out.  You made the claim, now refuse to back it up.
> Just a few words would do.

Don't worry, she had claimed that the Iraqi invasion would take 100,000
lives. The occupation hasn't even taken a tenth of that.

> I wouldn't be terribly surprised if there were some, which is why I
> wanted examples.  I can find "oppressive" actions, but that is the
> nature of both government and war.  Shooting someone is a pretty
> oppressive act.  I don't think we are doing away with either
> government or war in the near future.

Government being oppressive is a very rational behavior. Being rational
does not mean being ethical, moral, good, right, or honorable.

=====
Mike Lorrey
Chairman, Free Town Land Development
                                         -William Pitt (1759-1806)