[extropy-chat] NEWS: Doctors grow new jaw in man's back

natashavita at earthlink.net natashavita at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 27 19:13:30 UTC 2004

http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/science/08/27/jaw.transplant.ap/index.html

CNN headlines story of using human body to host the growth of new bone
mass. This type of medical innovation is marvelous.

This story is particularly facsinating to me.  When I was 11 years old, I
had to have 1/2 of my jaw removed due to a tumor that was growing quite
rapidly within my facial bone structure.  I had plastic surgery and within
a few years, my jaw grew back because of my age and the fact that I was
pre-puberty and still growing.

Natasha

Natasha