[extropy-chat] urban sprawl as defense

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 27 19:21:34 UTC 2004

> So what you are saying, then, is since Chirac said
> that France would
> "never, never" vote for the UN to go to war that the
> UN is therefore
> without any teeth, and international law no longer
> exists on a de facto basis????

Nah, I interperate this to mean that the last French
head of state that had any testicular fortitude was
Napolean Bonaparte and he was a megalomaniac. Since
WW-II seems to indicate that France won't even go to
war to defend themselves against invasion, I have to
question WHY they are on the U.N. Security Council to
begin with. I mean isn't this a little bit like hiring
a hari-krishna to be your body guard? I like the U.N.,
I support its mission, but I think it definately needs
to "clean house".

=====
The Avantguardian

"He stands like some sort of pagan god or deposed tyrant. Staring out over the city he's sworn to . . .to stare out over and it's evident just by looking at him that he's got some pretty heavy things on his mind."