Born lucky ? (was Re: [extropy-chat] urban sprawl as defense)

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 30 17:35:26 UTC 2004

--- Brett Paatsch <bpaatsch at bigpond.net.au> wrote:

In any other country, I'd likely either be in prison or dead, or in an
asylum for politically incorrect thinkers. There might be a few other
countries where this would not be the case. NZ, and Oz, for two
possible examples.

> > This is evidenced by the fact that the UN is steadfastly attempting
> > create a worldwide ban on the private ownership of firearms, which
> are
> > the only means by which individuals can resist state fascism
> without
> > massive loss of life.
>
> That's too big a claim for me to accept without your showing me the
> evidence.  I respect that you have done some reading here (that's
> good)but I still think you have your wires crossed.
>
> Consider Article 2 (7)
>
> "Nothing contained in the present Charter shall authorise the United
> Nations to intervene in matters which are essentially within the
> domestic jurisdiction of any state or shall require the Members to
> submit such matters to settlement under the present Charter; but
> this principle shall
> not prejudice the application of enforcement measures under Chapter
> VII."
>
> It is that prohibition against intervening in domestic matters which
> most people don't get - that is what makes the UN limited (sensibly
> limited) in what it can do.

Suggest you read up on what the UN is really doing, then. On the heels
of its treaty over the banning of landmines, the UN has been working on
a protocol for the elimination of all private trade and ownership of
small arms of any kind. People I know personally have represented the
US in these negotiations. The US, under Clinton, had been totally
willing to cave to the UN on this, but Bush is not, and specifically
told the UN so. Kerry, on the other hand, is fully in support of the UN
Convention on Small Arms, which would obligate US armed forces to
search every American household for firearms to be confiscated...

This is reason number one why I am steadfastly AGAINST Kerry. He would
make the world safe for global fascism.

=====
Mike Lorrey
Chairman, Free Town Land Development