[extropy-chat] urban sprawl as defense

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 31 21:15:48 UTC 2004

--- The Avantguardian <avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com> wrote:>
> The second criteria I used was military expenditures
> in absolute dollars. After all the most well trained
> combatant is of no use unless his hardware is up to
> par. So the top 25 countries ranked by military
> expenditure are as follows:

An error in this is that you are not factoring in the military cost of
killing and how it is impacted by the national cost of living.... A
French soldier is effectively less capable of killing in the national
interest for a given number of francs than the US soldier. His gun may
cost more due to union saddled military industry, etc.... but he likely
also gets paid much differently than the US soldier...

=====
Mike Lorrey
Chairman, Free Town Land Development
                                         -William Pitt (1759-1806)