[extropy-chat] ?Embryos? created without paternal chromosomes

Kevin Freels cmcmortgage at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 2 20:02:58 UTC 2004

Of course, you have hit upon the major problem with this issue. When is a
baby a baby?
I think we should be able to draw a few lines and prove them. If so, we
could put the stem cell resistance to rest. I have proposed two different
dividing lines between a human and a mass of tissue. One is on thebaby's
first smile. That tells me that the baby is now emotionally aware and is no
longer a simple animal.
The other is when the brain starts to have electrical activity. This one
would probably be more acceptable to the average person.

.  There is no sharp