[extropy-chat] The Simulation Argument (was: Atheists launch inquisition...)

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 21:16:45 UTC 2004

On Thu,  2 Dec 2004 09:09:10 -0800 (PST), "Hal Finney" <hal at finney.org> wrote:
> Giu1i0 writes:

<major snippage of great stuff>

> I don't see the SA as having anything to do with religion.  It is a
> question of philosophy, of ontology, of metaphysics.  But not religion.

Religion is itself a matter pertaining to philosophy, ontology and
metaphysics.   One  connection between SA and religion is it is one
way to construct a rational, scientific apologetics for the existence
of a God-like Creator-Being not limited by the apparent laws of
reality of the created universe.   There are many possible paths for
building or supporting a religion or spirituality based in part on SA.

It is true of course that SA does not directly imply a religion.

- samantha