[extropy-chat] The emergence of AI

Giu1i0 Pri5c0 pgptag at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 08:38:56 UTC 2004

Probably a mix of the two. Toys and lawnmowers may someday wake up
feeling like themselves, but this will be a result of computer
research programs in academic labs. So AIs will come out of the game
industry, but when the game industry has been "made pregnant" by
academic labs.
So computer research programs in academic labs will be the father of
AIs, and the game industry their mother.
G.