[extropy-chat] Earth rings

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 6 20:21:45 UTC 2004

Rings around gravity wells are not stable without active maneuvering
capabilities. Planetary brains are irrelevant to ringworlds, and,
furthermore, suffer from greater latency issues than ground
communications.

================================================================================================================================================================
> This message may contain information which is private, privileged or
> confidential of Compal Electronics, Inc.  If you are not the intended
> recipient of this message, please notify the sender and
> destroy/delete the message. Any review, retransmission, dissemination
> or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this
> information, by persons or entities other than the intended recipient
> is prohibited.

=====
Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)