[extropy-chat] Islamic fundamentalism in USA

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 6 20:28:44 UTC 2004

--- Patrick Wilken <Patrick.Wilken at Nat.Uni-Magdeburg.DE> wrote:

> As a nice counter-point to Mike Lorrey's alarmist post about how bad
> the Islamic situation in Europe is last week the LA Weekly published
> an interesting piece on increasing allure of fundamentalist Islam to
> white
> and hispanic americans. The most interesting point is that these new
> converts are much more fundamentalist in their beliefs (no western
> music, movies etc) than than the vast majority of immigrants.

This is common. The Nation of Islam has had similar tendencies for
decades. I think it is interesting, though, to see what I believe is a
dovetailing of the luddite segment of the population with wahabbism, as
I predicted a year or two ago. Expect a Luddite Jihadist domestic
terror group to form.

=====
Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)