[extropy-chat] Jim Update #4

Gina Miller nanogirl at halcyon.com
Tue Dec 7 03:14:15 UTC 2004

Hello friends,
Good news! Our new insurance company has approved the previous policy as credible, so this means that instead of Jim being forced to wait twelve months for his stem cell transplant, he will be able to continue sooner (the usual wait time is, and will now be, a couple of months) which is more appropriate for where he is, at this point in his treatment. It's a relief that we don't have to worry about Jim withstanding the chemotherapy treatments for an extended period of time. Cause for celebration!  We are still waiting for the actual paperwork, but we do know that it has been approved after speaking to a representative on the phone. After the papers are all in order we will then discuss what comes next with the Doctor at the Hutch/Seattle Cancer Care Alliance. In the mean time, Jim will be switching to thalidomide to maintain the good/low protein levels he has now acquired from the chemo he has been on thus far. He will start the new treatment as soon as his paperwork for the drug is approved, as you know this particular drug has such a history that it requires careful measures for use. These requirements are no problem for us to meet. Other than this news, Jim has been working hard with Foresight (as they are undergoing some changes), and has been doing some computer program upgrades. I've been just trying to get us prepared for Christmas. On that note, I hope that everyone is having a wonderful holiday season.

Warmest regards,

Gina

http://www.nanogirl.com/museumfuture/index.htm

Gina "Nanogirl" Miller
Nanotechnology Industries
http://www.nanoindustries.com
Personal: http://www.nanogirl.com/index2.html
Foresight Senior Associate http://www.foresight.org
Nanotechnology Advisor Extropy Institute  http://www.extropy.org
My New Project: Microscope Jewelry
http://www.nanogirl.com/crafts/microjewelry.htm
Email: nanogirl at halcyon.com
"Nanotechnology: Solutions for the future."