[extropy-chat] Re: John Wright Finds God

Dirk Bruere dirk at neopax.com
Thu Dec 9 21:25:24 UTC 2004

john-c-wright at sff.net wrote:

>I am not making an argument from authority, nor, indeed, any argument in favor
>of faith at all. My faith was visited upon my by the Holy Spirit; it was poured
>into me like fine wine into an empty tin cup. I do not believe reason the proper
>tool to use to decide these matters; nay, I do not believe that they are
>"decided" at all.

There is the experience, and then there is the 'explanation' which is
the cultural context in which you place it.
Different cultures will provide different explanatory frameworks.
While the experience stands as it is, the explanation does not.
The clearest 'context free' analysis, which is no analysis (subtle
joke), is Zen.

--
Dirk

The Consensus:-